In this first episode Rev. Sara WG & Rev. Christian Collins Winn invite us into our podcast series for the fall in which the first installment each month will delve more deeply into our sermon series on what it means for us to “Be the Church” and the second episode each month will summarize and introduce our Faith & Justice book reading. For today join them in an introduction to these themes and our invitation to be the church together.
Our sermon series “Be The Church” will be rooted in a return to God’s story as we journey through the Bible and ask what God’s story asks of us today.
Looking to immerse yourself more deeply in Scripure readings connected to the series? Here are weekly readings we recommend:
- Sept. 20 – 26th: Genesis 1-3, 12, 15
- Sept. 27th – Oct. 3rd: Exodus 1-15, 19-20
- Oct. 4th – 10th: Judges 1:3-6, 4:4-5, 21
- Oct. 11th – 18th: Psalm 1, 22, 23, 51, 110, 121
- Oct. 19th – 26th: Isaiah 1:1-20, 11:1-9, 25:6-10, 40:1-11, 42:1-9, 49:1-7, 50:4-11, 52:13-53:12, 56:1-8, 61:1-11