Senior Associate Minister |January 2018-Present
Colonial Church (Edina, MN)
- Co-leader of church community
- Responsible for supervision of ministry staff and communications
- Development of new worshiping expression
- Co-Lead for Preaching Team
Director of Formation and Contextual Education | Jan 2017-January 2018
United Seminary (New Brighton, MN)
- Serve as a member of the President’s functional leadership team
- Development an integrative plan for formation at United Seminary, including incoming students, all degree programs and the arc of a student’s career at United, alumni, other external constituencies, and community programming
- Partner with the Director of Spiritual and Vocational Development on all matters related to student formation & contextual learning
- Integration of assessment, academic and interview data into an individualized formation plan for each degree seeking student
- Steward students’ formation and contextual education processes throughout their educational experience at United
- Regular review of students’ progress on individualized formational plans and active involvement with Faculty Advisers and applicable Academic Council committees to provide needed interventions
- Identification, selection, assignment and oversight of vocationally relevant work-site experiences
- Development of a collaborative working environment involving the Director for Assessment, the Chaplain, Pastoral Care Professors, Academic Advisers, outside counselors and support professionals to ensure strong communication and effective professional integrated oversight of formational work
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with denominational leaders and committees responsible for clergy selection and calls as well as other organizational leaders who influence employment opportunities for student graduates, including collaborating with those leaders on the formational development of students
- Develop and lead formation course offerings
- Develop programming for continuing education and mid-career skills augmentation in formation
- Work to establish United as the center for personal and spiritual formation inside of progressive theological education
Pastor of Connections /Ministry Staff | August 2013-January 2018
First Covenant Church (Minneapolis, MN)
This pastoral position serves as the steward of our connections: the staff with the community; the ministry efforts with the staff and community; and the community with one another. It aims to foster relational spaces for authentic points of connection with the mission and ministry of First Covenant. This position strives to increase efficiency and implementation of the church mission, vision, and values in the life of the community and its members by way of connection. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Pastoral Leadership and Teaching
- Serve the congregation by providing pastoral support, with unique focus on building congregational relationships & connections with one another & the ministry of the church
- Preach regularly and Teach classes
- Core part of Ministry Staff
- Serve in a ministerial capacity, including but not limited to: pastoral counseling, administering the sacraments, officiating or presiding over weddings and funerals, etc.
Outreach and Follow-Up
- Direct relational ministry flow
- Lead efforts, along with other with ministry staff, to ensure community members are invited to connect deeper with FCC
- Oversee First Impressions and greeting efforts for Sunday morning experiences
Communication and Promotion
- General oversight of communication efforts coming from the church
- Responsible for bi-monthly publication of First Things
- Monitor and lead Facebook and other social media promotion efforts
Strategic leadership and Missional Effectiveness
- Evaluate, implement, and improve connection efforts within the FCC community
- Partner with other ministry staff to build systems and processes
- Staff connections and helping us to ensure that we are leveraging each person around their gifts and how we optimize our connection points
- Evaluate and strategically plan ministry efforts in collaboration with lead pastor
- Assist in leading development, articulation, and implementation of mission & vision
Research Assistant| September 2013-December 2016
Loyola University (Chicago, IL)
Dr. Hille Haker, Richard A. McCormick, S.J., Chair of Moral Theology (Fall 2013-Present)
Dr. Sandra Sullivan-Dunbar, Assistant Professor of Theology (Fall 2013)
- Edit faculty writing
- Built a website for Dr. Hille Haker and developed social media presence
- Assist with research projects
- Compose grant applications for McCormick international conference
Special Projects- Rebranding | May 2016-Dec. 2016
LeaderWise (New Brighton, MN)
- Assist in reworking of office infrastructure
- Lead re-branding efforts, including creation of a new website
Director of Admissions | August 2011-June 2013
Luther Seminary Office of Admissions (St. Paul, MN)
- Led admissions team at the largest ELCA seminary in the country
- Increased enrollment by 6% in one year while also increasing denial rate by 200%
- Implemented a prospective student communication plan which bolstered missional identity
- Developed an admissions rubric in line with ATS degree program standards, thereby enhancing assessment prior to enrollment
- Engaged in ecumenical and intercultural relationship building to enhance campus diversity
- Created a new scholarship and financial aid process
Associate Director of Admissions (Bethel Seminary)| Aug. 2007-July 2011 Recruiter | August 2005-August 2007
- Energized recruitment efforts through a focus on Bethel’s institutional ethos and mission
- Established recruitment plans and implement strategies to achieve goals
- Served as lead recruiter for a program with most diverse enrollment in institution’s history
(50% students of color in a school with 11% enrollment of students of color)
- Innovative recruitment strategy (e.g.,- Who’s Who in Community Ministry Dinner)
- Contributed to a record breaking enrollment fall of 2008 (Total Enrollment: 1,151)
Various Other Leadership Work
Pulpit Supply & Interim Pastoral Work, Various Locations. 2006-Present.
Small Group Leader, Mill City Church, Minneapolis, MN. 1996-2013.
Consultant and Launch Member, SafeHouse Church, Minneapolis, MN. 2010-2011.
Connections Director & Leadership Team, Mill City Church, Minneapolis, MN. 2008-2010.
Launch Team, Mill City Church, Minneapolis, MN. 2007-2010.
Worship Leader, Various Locations. 2000-2008.
Co-Director, Summit-Uptown, Minneapolis, MN. 2007.
Interim Youth Pastor, Church of the Open Door, Minneapolis, MN. Summer 2006-Winter 2007.
Director, Camp Total Athlete at Church of the Open Door, Maple Grove, MN. Summer 2005.
Co-Director, Young Adults Ministry at Westwood Community Church, Chanhassen, MN. 2000-2003.
Associate Youth Pastor, The Exchange- Westwood Community Church, Chanhassen, MN. 2000- 2001.
Leadership Team, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship at the University of Minnesota Duluth. 1999-2001.